Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 2, 2014

My first time....

Today for the first time ever I went to T.J. Maxx.  I've never been in one and realized today that my town has one in the new shopping strip plaza they built.  I was in search of just a reusable cup/straw combo to help increase my water intake during this weight loss challenge I'm doing.  I found one that looks like a mason jar, so success on the find and earning my honorary hipster card.  Since that took less time then I thought it would, I decided to wander around and check the place out.  I scored a few beauty finds.
The one thing I'm most happy abut finding is a bronzing brush by The Vintage Cosmetic Company.  They're a British company that specializes in make up brushes and accessories/tools.  Everything is done in a cute vintage flower pattern.  Think like something your grandmother or depending on your age, great grandmother used in their early 20's.  Anyways I was told about how soft these brushes are and they weren't lying.  I compare them to Too Faced's teddy bear brushes. 

I also found one of my favorite fall/winter bath gel scents by Philosophy.  I'm a sucker for sweet and spicy smells during this time, so "spiced gingerbread cookie" does not disappoint. It smells like I'm bathing with crushed gingersnaps.  Again, what I love the most of their gels is that tho' you can smell the yummy while using them, you don't smell like that for the rest of the day.

The last thing I found there was three Julep nail polishes.  I scored the colors Lexi (yellow), Courteney (green) and Mila (glitter).

My only other stop while I was out today was to Walgreens for allergy meds.  While there by chance I saw the Good & Evil line by e.l.f that a lot of people have been talking about. Tho' I'm not a fan of Disney or the princesses I did happen to really like the brush set they had.  The set includes a brush case, blush brush, powder brush, foundation brush and eye shadow brush.  The only other products I remember that they had with this was Snow White eyelashes and the beauty book which had eye shadows and lipstick in it. I'm not sure what else was in it, like I said, I'm not a fan of Disney or the princesses.  I guess this is an exclusive  sold only at Walgreens.  To see if its sold near you click here. 
(upon further investigation, there is a Snow White set of brushes in white, as well as various characters with their own lip, eye and cheek sets.  Looks like most things are between $5-$10.)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment