Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Weighing in on the new diet...

So the Mister declared this house to be a "Paleo" house.  (Those who don't know what the Paleo diet is, its basically non-processed meat, veggies, fruit and some nuts. THATS IT! Boring... I dig my cheese, carbs and candy.) I've been half assing the diet when he's not around, but its not hard for me to get snarky around meal times. Especially when it comes to me not being able to eat what I'm actually craving. Like last night.  I took it out on his veggies.

In the kitchen. I'm eating a wedge of a granny smith while he roots around in the fridge to figure out what he's going to eat as a side to what we're grilling.
Me: So did you figure it out?
Him: *looking a little longer, like he's praying a beer flavored veggie appears in there* Yeah. *pulls out a cucumber*
Me: *casually looks over while still nibbling my apple slices* Are you sure you want to eat *that* one?!
Him: uh, yeah...*looks at cucumber and then me* WAIT! what did you do to it?!?!
Me: *grins* nuttin.....
Him: Christ....
This is where I start laughing so hard I have to put the apple down and he realizes that I'm only fucking with him.  Or at least he's praying I am.

Fast forward to the cucumber already cut up and in a bowl. He then proceeds to cut up an onion and tosses that in the bowl too along with a handful of cherry tomatoes.
Me:*looks in the bowl*
Him: *looking at me*
Me: Do you know what would go great with that salad?
Him: What?
Me: lettuce...
Him: *puts me in a half ass choke hold and smacks me on the ass*
(Those that don't know... he hates lettuce.  He calls it filler.  He always eliminates it from anything he's making. Like his BLTs are just BTs.  Tho' he doesn't want to look fussy in resturants and just deals with it.)

So now you know the story of how I almost didn't survive day 4 of the Paleo diet.

3 comments:

  1. I'll pray that he gets over the paleo phase soon. I wouldn't be able to handle being told I "can't" have something. I'm the same way he is, but with tomato. Cherry tomatoes are fine....regular tomatoes? Bleck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well day 3 he botched it with a beer and potatoes at the commander's farwell dinner. I found tho' that he's doing this so he'll be under 200lbs and the army will stop calling him fat and taping him. he's 218lbs now. and he's not fat. its all muscle. I really don't like it when he's that thin. you see his hip bones and it just looks like he's been rescued from a desert island. besides I told him that at this point paleo is just a life style change for him. for me it's a diet. but he's already super active and eats far better then me. its gonna be a long haul on the paelo for him to reach his goal.

      Delete
    2. I love tomatoes. LOVE THEM! I hate mushrooms and olives tho'.

      Delete